Pushing Pests Out With Spring Cleaning & Proactive Pest Control
Spring cleaning and pest control are important tasks for homeowners in Las Vegas, as pests can be a problem in the area. Here are some tips for spring cleaning and pest control in Las Vegas:
- Start with a deep cleaning of your home, including sweeping, mopping, and dusting. This can help eliminate food and water sources that attract pests.
- Clean out your pantry and dispose of any expired or open food items that pests may be attracted to.
- Seal any cracks or gaps in your home’s exterior, such as around windows and doors, to prevent pests from entering.
- Trim back any overgrown vegetation around your home, as it can provide shelter for pests.
- Hire a professional pest control company to inspect your home and treat any existing pest problems.
Remember that prevention is key when it comes to pest control, so it’s important to keep up with regular cleaning and maintenance to keep pests at bay.
While it’s true that some insects can be attracted to dirty or unsanitary conditions, it’s not always the case that insects thrive in filth. In fact, many insects can be found in a variety of environments, including clean and well-maintained ones.
Some insects, such as ants, termites, and cockroaches, are commonly associated with unsanitary conditions and can be a problem in areas where food is not properly stored or disposed of. However, other insects, such as bees, wasps, butterflies, and ladybugs, (the latter two being good pests:) thrive in clean and natural environments. It’s important to maintain a clean and hygienic living space to help prevent insect infestations, but it’s also important to understand that not all insects are attracted to filth.
In addition to cleanliness, it’s true that insect activity often increases as the weather warms up. Insects are cold-blooded, which means their body temperature is regulated by the temperature of their environment. When the weather is warm, insects become more active and may begin to breed and forage for food.
It’s important to be aware that taking proactive steps now, by cleaning the inside and outside of your home, as well as providing a professional pest control barrier around your home can provide the protection and a bug-free spring and summer.