Black widow spiders are some of the most dangerous, venomous arachnids in the world. They’re known to be aggressive, predatory and fast. That’s why they often end up being responsible for very few spider bites in general. However, this doesn’t mean that black widows are not a common problem in areas where they can thrive naturally. In fact, as far as species go, it isn’t that uncommon for them to be spotted all over the world. This is why you should ensure that you have an effective control plan if you live somewhere like Las Vegas which has a higher than usual risk of finding one of these spiders around. If you want to learn more about the best control methods available, keep reading our article!
What Are Black Widow Spiders?
Black widow spiders are a common species that’s found in the Western Hemisphere. They can be found in the Southwestern and Southern regions of the United States, as well as in Mexico and Central America. The reason they’re particularly prevalent in this region is that the climate of the region makes it an ideal place for one to thrive naturally. There are black widows of all different sizes, from the male who is only about 1/5th the size of the female. The males are black with a red-orange band on the top of their abdomen. The biggest difference between black widows and other spiders is that these are much more aggressive than most. They’re also known to be quite destructive to crops and other plants, so it’s a good idea to get rid of them as soon as possible if you live in an area with a high risk of them thriving naturally. It’s important to note that the majority of people are okay with black widows in their homes. In fact, there are many cultures where black widows are considered symbols of good luck. This is why it can be confusing when someone in your area reports a spider sighting.
How to Get Rid of Black Widow Spiders?
- Clean your home – The first thing you can do to get rid of black widows is to clean your home. The spiders are attracted to dark, humid environments, so cleaning your home will eliminate a lot of the issues that they could cause. The other benefit here is that it will also make it easier to identify the culprit behind any spider issues in the future.
- Clean the outside – Also, it’s important to clean the outside of your home. This will eliminate the spider’s opportunity to hide out there and end up being a potential threat to you. Clear away plants and bushes with low-hanging leaves, and do your best to make sure that your siding is free of any holes.
- Eliminate spiders inside – Finally, it’s important to eliminate spiders inside as well. This is where a lot of them hide out, and it’s also where you’ll have to deal with the most mess. Make sure that you have a plan for dealing with this mess, because it can be a huge waste of time and energy. You can make use of a black widow spider trap to eliminate this problem.
Why Is It Difficult to Get Rid of Black Widows?
There are a few reasons as to why it can be tough to get rid of black widows. The most important one here is that these types of spiders are found in certain areas of the world. If you live in Las Vegas, for example, you’re probably at a high risk of finding one of these spiders. If that’s the case, it’s important to make sure that you have an effective control plan in place. There are a few more reasons as to why it can be difficult to get rid of black widows as well.
They’re often hard to identify – Black widows are often hard to identify, especially since they often blend in with their environment. This can be challenging when it comes to determining if there’s actually a spider lurking around. The other issue here is that there’s no single characteristic that makes it a given that a person has spots or not.
They’re not a dangerous species – Most people are aware of the fact that black widows are dangerous. However, there are a few who struggle to grasp this fact. When you have to deal with people who don’t understand why you’d want to eliminate these spiders, it can be tough.
4 Effective Methods to Get Rid of Black Widows
There are many ways to get rid of black widows, and below are some of the most effective methods. Keep in mind that any of these methods can be used to eliminate black widow spiders in your home as well.
- Vacuum – Vacuuming is one of the best ways to get rid of spiders. It will remove them deep down in the corners and in all the other places that they hide out. Plus, it’s one of the easiest methods.
- Use a black widow spider trap – This is one of the most effective methods to get rid of black widows. Black widow spider traps are usually designed to kill the spiders inside.
- Make use of a professional – A professional is likely to be more effective than a DIY method, depending on the level of issues that you have. If you have a large number of black widows in your home, it’s best to make use of a control method that’s more expensive.
- Eliminate the source – It’s important to eliminate the source of the spiders in your home. For example, if you live in an area where black widows are common, you’ll have to make sure that you have a thorough plan for eliminating them.
Always Call A Pest Professional For Spiders
Black widows are one of the most dangerous spiders in the world, but there are ways to get rid of them if you live in a high-risk area. Even with your best efforts, you will most likely have an encounter Black Widows at some point. If you find yourself dealing with any pest infestation, don’t feel the need to handle it on your own. Call Anver Pest Control, and our professionally trained technicians will handle all your pest control needs.