The Ultimate Spider Prevention Guide For Las Vegas Homes
Spiders in the house can make people uncomfortable, and for those with a fear of them, it can be unbearable having them around. While many species are mainly nuisance pests, some can pose a real risk to your family. This guide will explain everything you need to know about spiders and keeping them out of the house.
We'll start by reviewing the characteristics of common spiders and explain why some bites are worse than others. We'll also provide some natural spider prevention tips you can use to deter these pests. Continue reading to learn all about effective pest control in Las Vegas, Nevada, with the pros at Anver Pest Control.
Characteristics Of Common Spiders
There are thousands of different types of spiders in the U.S.; thankfully, most don't come anywhere near homes or people. These arachnids all share some common traits, including:
- They have similar body types with eight legs, two body parts, and no antennae or wings.
- Spiders are predators and eat insects like cockroaches, beetles, and mosquitoes.
- Their bodies produce silk, which they use to create webs to catch prey or as a retreat.
- Spiders have fangs with small holes that release venom when they bite to subdue their prey.
- Most spider's fangs aren't strong enough to break human skin.
- Many spiders that enter homes lay hundreds of eggs at a time, creating the potential for an extensive infestation.
If you are having trouble getting rid of spiders or are unsure if the type you have is dangerous, the experts at Anver Pest Control are here to help. Contact us today to learn more about our spider control services or to schedule an appointment.
Some Spider Bites Are Worse Than Others
Common house spiders rarely bite unless they sense a threat. These bites typically leave you with some redness and swelling and sometimes no symptoms at all. Here in Las Vegas, black widow spiders are the most concerning species we find in homes.
Black widows have a neurotoxic venom that is medically significant, causing symptoms such as pain, nausea, fever, sweating, and increased blood pressure. Bites are rarely fatal as long as people seek prompt medical attention. If you are seeing a lot of spiders around your Las Vegas home or dangerous black widows, contact us today at Anver Pest Control for assistance removing them.
Five Naturally Effective Spider Prevention Tips
You can take several eco-friendly steps to help keep spiders out of the house.
The following list includes five of our most effective natural tips to prevent spiders in your home:
- Seal cracks, crevices, and gaps on your home's exterior.
- Store woodpiles at least 20 feet from the house and off the ground.
- Vacuum up any webs or egg sacs you see, and empty the vacuum outside.
- Reduce your clutter, especially in storage areas, to eliminate hiding spots.
- Address any other pest infestations.
Spiders eat insects, so if you see a lot of spiders around the house, there is probably an infestation of insects for them to prey on. Anver Pest Control can help you get rid of spiders and any other troublesome pests around your home. Contact us today to learn more about our spider control services in Las Vegas or to schedule an appointment.
Professional Pest Control Makes For The Best Spider Control
Working with a local company offering spider control near you is the simplest and most effective way to eliminate spiders and prevent another infestation. Contact us at Anver Pest Control to request more information about our residential and commercial pest control services in Las Vegas or to schedule your free inspection.