The Trick To Keeping Ants Out Of Your Henderson Home
From the woodworking carpenter ant to the illustrious pharaoh ant, the odorous house ant, and many more, Nevada is practically crawling with colonist pests. With such an overwhelming array of ants, how can you know where to start in treating them?
Any infestation of ants is unfavorable for your family, but that doesn’t mean the classifications of these insects don’t matter. If you’re facing a legion of pharaoh ants, for example, you need to act right away, as the species is infamous for expanding and spreading at a rate faster than most, while the odorous house ant will poison your foods and surfaces with an impure stench. Regardless of the ant species that come knocking at your door, none are welcome. This is why pest prevention is key.
Three Great Ways To Make Your Henderson Home Unappealing To Ants
Thanks to the experts at Anver Pest Control, ant prevention and treatment is easy and effective, but that doesn’t mean there’s nothing you can do to reinforce your home’s natural defenses. Here are three tried-and-true methods for making your home uninteresting to colonizing ants.
- Clean your kitchen! The food humans store away is a key resource for worker ants, so giving your kitchen a proper cleansing will help remove crumbs and subtle food smells.
- Not interested in washing down the kitchen? Just know that soapy water serves as a natural pesticide. Moreover, when ants walk through a location, they leave a scent trail behind for others to follow. Scrubbing away these trails are essential to keeping future ants away.
- If you don’t want ants coming into your home from outdoors, one solution is to spread diatomaceous earth around entry points to your home. This natural material will dry up insects who happen by it, killing them before they can get to you or your family.
Trusted Tips For Identifying Ant Entry Points
If you want to prevent ants in your house in the future, you need to take advantage of the present. There are a number of steps you can take to protect your Henderson home from ants, but you need to understand how to identify and seal up common points of entry for insect invaders, courtesy of Anver Pest Control.
- Keep an eye on the walls of your home. Ants are expert climbers, so it matters little whether crevices are near the foundation or much higher. Not finding anything? Trim back bushes or trees that brush against the house, as they may hide cracks and provide pests an easy path to the said crevasse.
- One of the most obvious entry points for ants is the empty space under door frames. This free room is easy to forget about as a human, but ants and other pests are small enough to walk right under, whether open or closed. Find a door seal to keep insects out.
- Have above ground pipes or ventilation shafts? If you don’t have screens installed in them to prevent insects from waltzing into your home, it’s only a matter of time until ants discover the gaping holes and turn them into pest highways.
Do-it-yourself home prevention methods are useful in the war against pest invasion, but they are by no means fully effective at preventing an infestation. The best form of ant control comes with professional assistance from Anver Pest Control. Call us today for an extensive ant investigation.