Rodent Rundown: Keeping These Dangerous Pests Away From Your Las Vegas Property
Discovering rodents in your home can leave you feeling panicked. While this is a completely normal reaction, your Las Vegas pest control team wants you to feel confident if you discover an unwanted rodent on your property.
Let's take a look at the most common signs of an infestation and what you can do to keep rodents from becoming a problem in your home.
Signs Of Infestation: How To Identify Rodent Activity
Determining whether you have a rodent problem on your property can seem difficult if you're not sure what to look for. Here are four telltale signs of a rodent infestation that you should be aware of:
- Rodents enjoy chewing on wood, furniture, wires, and even drywall. If you see gnaw marks or teeth marks anywhere in your home that your pets can't reach, you likely have a rodent problem.
- Rodents like to hide away from the hustle and bustle of activity in your home. That's why it's more common to find rodents in walls and the basement than in your living room. You may have rodents in your house if you hear noises in the walls.
- Rodent feces is capsule-shaped. If you notice small droppings around your home, you'll want to call your pest control specialist.
- One of the main reasons rodents invade homes is for food. You may have an infestation if you see chewed open boxes or damaged food containers in your cupboards or pantry.
If you notice even one of these signs, don't ignore it. Reach out to a Las Vegas rodent control specialist and let them inspect your home.
Rodent Dangers: Health Risks And Property Damage
House rodents in Las Vegas are more than a nuisance. They can pose several risks to your health and your property's safety. Common rodents can spread diseases like the following:
- Rat-bite fever
- Cowpox virus
Rodents can also carry fleas and ticks, leading to serious discomfort for both humans and animals. Though treating the diseases they carry and removing fleas from your house is possible, doing so is stressful at best.
Rodents are also adept at damaging your property and belongings by chewing on items and infiltrating your food stores. Even minor damage can be expensive to repair.
Professional Rodent Control: The Safe Way To Remove An Infestation
Though DIY rodent traps and poisons can help reduce your risk of an infestation, they're not enough to completely eradicate an active infestation. Instead, you'll want to work with an experienced rodent control specialist.
Our technicians have the necessary tools and equipment to inspect your Las Vegas home for rodents and identify the extent of your rodent problem. Once they understand how many rodents you have and know where those rodents are nesting and breeding, they'll create a plan to remove them completely.
Once the rodents are gone, your specialist will help you figure out ways to keep them from coming back.
Rodent Prevention Tips: How to Keep Your Property Rodent-Free
Though removing an active infestation is possible, it's always best to find ways to keep infestations from happening in the first place.
Here are a few easy rodent prevention tips that you can implement today:
- Keep firewood and yard waste piles away from your home.
- Inspect your home for cracks in the siding, holes, or gaps, and seal them as soon as possible.
- Keep your food in airtight containers.
- Remove sources of excess moisture and repair any leaks as soon as possible.
- Take the trash out every few days and store it in an outdoor bin with a tight-fitting lid.
These tips can help prevent future infestations but are just the starting point. If you want to get rid of an active rodent infestation or ensure your home is as rodent-proof as possible. Contact Anver Pest Control today for help with rodents and to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Las Vegas.