How To Prevent Ants Inside Your Henderson Home
Ants have a fierce loyalty to their colony that is unmatched. They work tirelessly in an organized system where each knows their specific duty. The problem is when they descend upon your property or invade your home with their large populations, making them a challenge to eliminate.
Fortunately, Anver Pest Control provides the most effective pest control in Henderson to eradicate ant colonies, restoring your household's comfortable living and peace of mind. Our highly trained staff comes well-equipped with the knowledge and resources to wipe out ants quickly. Read further to learn more about these insects and how professional pest specialists can assist you.
Life Cycle And Diets Of Common Ants
The life cycle of a common ant consists of four stages, which include:
- Egg: The beginning of an ant's life and takes three to four weeks to hatch.
- Larvae: Maturing rapidly and requires constant nourishment. This phase lasts between one to two weeks.
- Pupae: Final gestation cycle that lasts six to ten weeks.
- Adult: Fully formed and matured ant that's ready to annoy you.
Also, ants are not picky eaters. They'll feast on anything available, including sugars, meats, fruits, grains, vegetables, dead insects, and other ants. Contact a reputable ant pest control company for further assistance in ridding your home of these insects.
The Many Problems Ants Can Cause In Your Home
It's not their size that makes ants a force to be reckoned with, but their numbers. Large colonies can damage the structural integrity of your property. Carpenter ants chew through your wooden materials and can cause costly damage to your structures. Many species of ants can contaminate the food in your pantry, as well as eating surfaces and utensils. If you have fire ants on your property, you can be at risk for physical harm as these insects attack as a group if their colony is disturbed. Fire ant stings can cause immense pain with an intense burning sensation or prolonged itching.
If you're experiencing problems with ants or have noticed an increase in insect activity, do not hesitate to contact a professional ant control service near your home.
Simple Tips To Prevent Ants In The House
It's been said that prevention is far better than treatment. It's much easier to prevent an unwanted encounter than to deal with its aftermath. So, in the case of an ant infestation, your best course of action is to find out what attracts these insects to your home so you can reduce or eliminate those elements as much as possible. We've provided some simple ant prevention tips below:
- Find the most popular places in your home that ants frequent so you know where to focus your ant control efforts.
- Eliminate food sources by wiping down eating areas after every meal. Try restricting where you eat to one location in the house.
- Don't leave any uneaten food in your pet's dish for an extended period. Store it just as you would with your leftovers.
- Close off or block any access points ants can use to gain entry into your home by sealing cracks, gaps, and crevices with caulk.
- Reduce or dry any excess moisture around your home, like standing or stagnant water. Repair leaking pipes and address poor drainage issues.
Also, take out your trash before it fills to the top, and make sure garbage cans have tight lids that are difficult to knock off. Don't forget that your local pest control professionals are a fantastic resource for additional tips to prevent ant invasions. If you're dealing with an infestation, contact them immediately.
Call The Professionals At The First Sign Of Ants In Your House
We all know that any pest infestation is an undesirable event that nobody expects. But you can't go wrong when you have a highly trained professional team on your side. Experienced technicians have a thorough understanding and broad knowledge of various pests and access to the most modern resources available. They offer the most advanced home pest control for ants to restore your peaceful and comfortable living. With so many benefits, it's clear why going with the pros will always be a winning decision.
With a customer-focused approach, Anver Pest Control has provided optimal pest management services to our Henderson residents and the surrounding areas. We are a highly-rated company with a proven track record of success. If you're looking for the best ant control solutions, you've come to the right place. All of our services are backed with a rock-solid warranty. Get ready to live a comfortable, pest-free life once again. Reach out to us today to request a complimentary inspection.