How To Keep Rodents At Bay: Tips For Effective Control For Your Summerlin Home
Finding a rodent in the house is unnerving, and what’s worse is these social animals are usually not alone. Some species have come to associate people with food and shelter and will take advantage of both if given the opportunity. Whether you are searching for ways to get rid of rodents or looking to prevent a potential problem, we are here to help.
We’ll start by explaining more about the common rodents that invade homes and review the threats they pose to your home and family. We’ll also detail the steps you can take to rodent-proof your home to ensure these problematic pests stay away. Learn more about effective rodent control in Summerlin with the experts at Anver Pest Control.
Common Rodent Species: Identify Rats, Mice, And Other Intruders
All rodents in Summerlin share one distinct characteristic—they can gnaw through a wide variety of materials, and if they are in your house, you have likely already seen evidence of this. These mammals have incisors that never stop growing, and as they gnaw, those teeth get ground down and become chisel sharp.
Rats and mice are the most common types of rodents that infest local homes. If you don’t see the actual rodents, you’ll likely find evidence such as droppings, gnaw marks, or tracks. If you suspect these pests are in your home, contact us today at Anver Pest Control for assistance removing them.
The Rodent Menace: Understanding The Threat Of Uninvited Guests
No one wants to live with any pest for long, but getting rid of rodents as soon as possible is crucial. Rodents like mice and rats are a risk to your health and home. The following list details some of the problems that can come with an infestation:
- Rodents carry bacteria on their bodies, such as salmonella, and will contaminate your food and cooking surfaces.
- Rodents can spread diseases like rat bite fever, leptospirosis, jaundice, cowpox virus, and tularemia.
- Dried mouse droppings can cause allergy symptoms and asthma attacks.
- Rodents in walls destroy insulation and will gnaw through wires, creating a fire hazard.
- Rodents frequently bring fleas, lice, and ticks into homes.
If rodents are nesting in your home, the sooner you eliminate them, the better. Contact Anver Pest Control to learn more about how our services can help protect your family and get rid of these dangerous pests.
Rodent-Proof Your Home: Essential Steps To Keep Unwanted Guests Away
Rodent prevention involves both exclusion techniques and eliminating possible attractants. Here are some of our most effective tips to keep these hazardous pests out of the house:
- Seal cracks and gaps on the home’s exterior with caulk or steel wool.
- Eliminate any moisture issues, including leaking pipes and clogged drains.
- Trim back tree branches and shrubs away from the house.
- Store food in glass or plastic airtight containers.
- Take the garbage out regularly and place it in receptacles with secure lids.
The expert technicians at Anver Pest Control can inspect your property and offer specific recommendations to help prevent rodents. Contact us today with any questions or to learn more about our professional rodent control services.
Professional Rodent Control: Why Expertise Matters
DIY rodent control is rarely successful, and the longer they are in your house, the worse the problem will get. The simplest and most effective way to eliminate rodents is to work with the experts that offer rodent control near you. Contact us at Anver Pest Control today to request your free inspection and get back to having a safe, pest-free home.