No one likes lines, not at Disneyland, not at restaurants, and especially not a line of ants. Summer is the perfect time for ants to come out of hibernation and get glorious amounts of popsicle drippings, leftover barbecue crumbs, and long-forgotten pb&j sandwiches. Ant prevention is key because once an infestation has started, ants are difficult to control and eradicate.
Ants hibernate during the winter. That means summertime is when they forage for food and water for the long winter months. Food for them can be anything from grease splatters on your stovetop to pet food left out for long periods of time. Inside your home, ants are drawn to your kitchen, bathrooms, and pantry because they contain everything an ant wants, namely food and water.
However, there are a few prevention tips and tricks that homeowners can use to sidestep possible infestations. These simple efforts can go quite a long way as ant infestations can be large and hard to get under control.
- Eliminate sources of standing water. Look under cabinets for leaky faucets or pipes.
- Quickly clean up spills and crumbs to avoid scout ants from finding a potential food source.
- Don’t leave pet food out all day. Once your pet is done eating, clean the bowl and put it away.
- Check under garbage cans and appliances, such as a toaster where crumbs and residue can build up.
- Cut back tree branches and other plants away from the house.
- Seal any cracks or small openings around the foundation of your house and make sure screens are intact as these areas can serve as entry points for not only ants but all pests.
At Anver Pest Control, our licensed technicians always inspect your home first. We want to ensure your home is getting proper and safe treatments to eradicate ants and all other pests. Contact Anver Pest Control for all your pest control needs and become part of the Anver family.