Ants In The House: Understanding the Risks And Health Concerns In Las Vegas
At first glance, ants can seem harmless. But they’re incredibly troublesome for many homeowners. Ants can enter your home quickly and put your comfort at risk, and the sooner you can contact a Las Vegas pest control team, the better off your home will be. However, before you can schedule an appointment, you need to understand what you’re dealing with.
Ant Behavior: Social Hierarchy And Communication
Ants may appear alone in your home, but that doesn’t mean they’re acting alone. These insects work for the benefit of their colony and stay in close communication with the colony as they explore. Ants communicate using their antennae and often use body language to convey different things to their colony.
Most ants in Las Vegas that you see in and around your home are worker ants acting on behalf of their queen or the mother of the colony. She is the one that breeds and produces eggs that become worker ants. She is also responsible for sending out orders encouraging ants to look for food and water sources. When you observe active ant infestations, you see the result of the communication between the queen and the worker ants in action.
Ant Dangers: Understanding The Risks Of An Infestation
In most cases, ants aren’t inherently dangerous. At most, they’ll try to take bits of food from your trash can and your pantry back to their colony. However, there are some types of ants that can pose a risk to your home and your well-being. Some species can cause property damage, while others have bites that can be incredibly painful.
If you’re unsure of the type of ant that you have in your home, your best bet is to speak with an ant control specialist. They’ll be able to determine the type of ants you have on your property and can tell you if you need to worry about specific risks.
Professional Ant Control: A Great Way To Get Rid Of An Infestation
If you do have an active infestation, the best way to deal with it is to schedule professional ant pest control treatments as soon as possible. You can target these treatments to the unique species in your home to improve effectiveness and reduce the risk of ants returning in the future.
Even better, professionals also know how to get rid of ants outside your home, so you’ll be able to keep ants from coming back indoors with ease.
Ant Prevention Tips: Keep Your Home Ant-Free
Ants can be a serious problem, but that doesn’t mean infestations are guaranteed to happen. In fact, there are a few things you can do to keep your home free from unwanted invaders. Here are a few proven ant prevention tips to follow:
- Keep your kitchen clean. Ants are attracted to the smell of food in your home. Clean your kitchen each night to eliminate the attractants ants may find.
- Take out the trash often. Even light smells from your trash can can be enough to attract ants. Take it out every few days if possible.
- Fix leaks immediately. Ants seek easy sources of water. Inspect your plumbing for leaks and repair any you find quickly.
- Pick up pet bowls. Pet food and water bowls can pull ants indoors. Try to pick them up when your pets aren’t using them, and wash those bowls every few days to cut down on smells.
- Seal up open cracks quickly. Ants often enter your home through small cracks. Look for any openings often and repair them as soon as you find them.
These prevention tips are no substitute for professional treatments. If you’re ready to keep ants out for good, contact Anver Pest Control and schedule an appointment for professional home pest control in Las Vegas.