5 Tips to Protect Your Pets From Ticks In Las Vegas
In Las Vegas, the extreme heat during the summer brings about more pests than ever. One of the more popular pests is ticks. If you plan on spending time outside in your yard, or in the great outdoors, most likely you will encounter these blood-sucking pests. They are known for spreading Lyme Disease, and will latch onto humans and pets alike. At Anver Pest Control, we have some helpful tips to keep ticks at bay!
5 Tips To Prevent Ticks
Ticks can be a very dangerous pest, and are often overlooked. Here are a few tips to keep ticks away this summer.
- Trim your shrubs, and mow your lawn. By mowing your lawn and keeping a well-maintained yard, you can make your home less attractive to ticks. In addition, keeping rodents away from your home will also help with tick prevention, as rodents are carriers for ticks.
- Ask your vet about tick prevention. Your vet will likely have some options for tick prevention or treatment, including heartworm medication.
- Inspect your pets on a daily basis. Check your pets daily for pests, especially if they have been out or are outside pets. Focus on areas around the legs, ears, and neck.
- Avoid areas with tall grass, or off-the path trails. Las Vegas has wetland areas which are great for pets and children, but avoid going off the beaten path. Always make sure to stay on trails when hiking!
- Protect your family from ticks by regularly checking yourself, and your children! Ticks can easily hop from you, to your pets, and vice versa.
Dogs And Ticks
Ticks are a parasitic pest that feed on the blood of their victims, including humans and pets. When an infected tick attaches to a dog for a few days, they can transfer Lyme Disease to your dog. If you notice your dog is lethargic, has loss of appetite, or a general change in demeanor, take them to your vet to check for ticks. Cats rarely get ticks, but can still transfer them to you or your other pets, which is why it’s important to stay vigilant about ticks on your Las Vegas property.
Regularly clean your home on the inside and outside, and wash your pets’ bedding to help with tick prevention. You deserve to feel safe in your home, along with your pets, and Anver Pest Control can help! Contact us today to create a home pest control plan that is perfect for you and your family.